Monday 5 March 2012

On the Bus: Between School & the In-Laws'

-We're talking about that in class right now. How you can present someone that's totally not even you on Facebook. Or wherever.
-Like how so?
-Like say you're partying or whatever, and you end up puking everywhere and making an ass of yourself. You'll put up pictures of you and your friends partying, but as if you'd put up pictures with puke all over yourself.
-Which class is this?
-Philosophy. Basically he's saying that everything we do presents a certain, like planned version of ourselves. A guy wearing a kilt to school isn't saying, I don't care what you think. He's saying, I want you to think I'm the type-a-guy who wears kilts.
-That's all too deep for me.
-It's almost like nothing is totally true. We are all telling stories all of the time.
-That's weird.
-Haha. Totally. Interesting, though.
-Heh. I guess... Did you hear Ethan's going to Vegas for his brother's stag?
-He is?! Seriously?
-I saw it on his Facebook...

No comments:

Post a Comment