Wednesday 28 March 2012

On the Bus: Between Home & School

-I'm so excited. I got tickets for Hunger Games on Friday.
-Oh my god, I would never see that movie.
-What? Why?
-I actually can't believe you're going to it.
-Why not? I'm so excited!
-Isn't it like a bunch of teenagers killing each other?
-Oh my gosh. That's not all it's about.
-But still. It seems like the friggen coliseum or something.
-Oh, give me a break. Did you watch Gladiator?
-Yeah.
-Saw? Any War movie? Zombieland, or whatever?
-I've never seen Saw. And war movies are like, true stories.
-Still. How bout video games. Friggen Grand Auto whatever.
-Grand Theft Auto?
-Yeah, or any video game. Friggen Hamlet, everyone dies in the Hamlet.
-Yeah, but don't they like watch it on TV and like take bets and shit?
-Yeah. But that's the point. It's a dystopia. It's like if you take everything we watch today and make it real or something.
-it just sounds super creepy to me.
-And it's not like the kids are like pumped to kill each other. It's like a horrible thing. Even in the book. They're forced to do it. It supposed to be creepy.
-Well, whatever. You're just super passionate about them, or what?
-You should just read them. They're awesome. People are acting all like self-righteous about them, but they don't even have a clue.
-Sorry...
-Well not you! But lotsa people.
I just think they're awesome.
-Who are you going with?

2 comments: