Friday 14 September 2012

Common Area: Luther College

-Oh my god! What are you doing here?
-Uuumm. I'm going to school.
-I didn't even know you were back. I thought you went to Vancouver.
-Oh yeah... That didn't really work out to well.
-Really? What happened?
-Weeelll, when you're roommate decides to disappear for weeks at a time and then decides to stop paying his share of the rent... It's kinda hard to keep an apartment.
-Oh my gosh. No kidding.
-So... I guess I thought I'd come try the whole school thing.
-Thats awesome! What are you taking?
-Uh... I'm in arts, but applying to education.
-I'm in arts too! What's your major?
-Uh. It's English right now.
-Oh my god. Me too!
-Oh cool.
-You mind if I sit?
-Na. Go ahead.
-So isn't English awesome? I totally love it so far.
-Yeah, it's pretty sweet.
-Who's your favorite author?
-Oh I don't know. I guess I kinda really like Steven King. And like, weird messed up shit like that.
-Oh hahaha. I've never read Steven King. Is it actually any good?
-I like him. Not for everyone I guess.
-Too scary for me.
-Yeah, he's pretty messed up... Who's your favorite?
-Hmm. I don't know. There's so many. I guess I'd probably say Margaret Thatcher.
-Margaret Thatcher?
-You've never heard of her?
-Yeeaah, I have.
-I was gonna say! She's written like a hundred books.
-Do you mean Margaret Atwood?
-Margaret Atwood! Yes! Who did I say?
-Margaret Thatcher.
-Oh my god that's so embarrassing. Margaret Atwood. Yeah. I actually do love her.
-Hahaha. It's no big deal.
-Haha. Who's Margaret Thatcher anyway?
-Uh... I think she used to be the British prime minister. Or something...
-Oh my god. Hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment