Thursday 20 June 2013

By the Front Windows: Starbucks

-Hey, man! Long time no see.
-Hey, man. What's up? No kidding.
-How's life? Whattaya been up to?
-Nothing really. Haha. 
-Hahaha.
-Nah, not really. I got a job. Finished school, eh? Then decided I didn't wanna teach, haha. So now I'm working for Coca-Cola.
-I got engaged.
-What? Aw man. Congrats. Just outta the blue?
-Well kinda. I actually bought this stupid little ring like pretty much a year ago. 
-Serious?
-From this tiny little antique store.
-Crazy.
-And I've been carrying the thing in my pocket. Like literally every day for a year, just kind of waiting.
-Hahaha. Cold feet?
-No, just wanted the perfect time.
-Ah. So when'd you do it?
-Last night, haha.
-What? Well congrats man.
-Ya thanks. 
-Good girl?
-Great girl. Great freakin girl. We were walking in the park. Haha. Oh man. And it started raining a bit, and then hailing a bit. Like pretty much nothing. But she was freaking out. Like just running back to the car. So I chased her down and grabbed her and just asked her. Down on one knee and asked her.
-Haha. In the rain? 
-In the rain. I thought if I wasn't gonna ask her in a hail storm when was I gonna ask her? Hahaha.
-Haha. And she said yes, obviously?
-She said yes. And I feel like-- I shoulda just asked her a year ago.
-That's great, dude.
-Ya thanks man. I feel great. You should find a girl and get married.
-Oh, I'm workin on it. I'm workin on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment