Sunday 16 June 2013

Around the Fireplace: Starbucks

-So, Happy Father's Day, men.
-Yeah, Yeah. Same to you. Any big plans?
-Oh nothing major. My daughter's bringing the kids over.
-That'll be nice.
-Ya, should be nice. Should be nice. Ya know when I was a kid my dad would run around in a dress all day. Hahaha. So I might try a bit of that.
-Hahaha. A dress?
-Well, you know it's part of my Scottish heritage, we run around in dresses-- I mean skirts-- I mean kilts. Haha.
-Oooh, Hahaha.
-Haha. Dad always got his out on Father's Day.
-Oh, I see. Interesting. And have you got one?
-Oh yeah. He left me his in fact.
-Really? Oh, I see. And so you'll wear it today?
-Oh I don't know. I might. I did last year.
-Ah. Nice little tradition.
-Yeah. Yep...
...
-I miss him the most on Father's Day.
-Yes. Yeah, me too. I miss mine too.

No comments:

Post a Comment