Monday 30 January 2012

Between Bookshelves: Centennial Books

-Hey, ya know what I found out? Ya know how you always call people Yahoos?
-Yeah...
-Like, Look at this yahoo?
-Yeah. What about it?
-Ya know where that's actually from?
-Yeah, the Tibetan monks.
-What?
-They used to ride their yaks around until they were broken. Until they broke them. And then a broken yak was called a yahoo. And it would do whatever they asked it to.
-For real?
-And then in the wild west country, when they were breaking the wild horses, they'd all yell, Yahoo!! when they broke a horse. In respect for the monks. The Tibetan monks.
-Where did you hear that?
-Hahaha ahahaha. I'm just messin with ya. I have no clue where the word Yahoo comes from! Hahaha.
-Oh my god.
-Hahaha. So where's it from? Whattaya know? Hahaha.
-I don't know. It's from a book. Gulliver's Travels....

No comments:

Post a Comment