Friday 6 March 2015

Study Tables: Public Library

-So anyway, I finally got to see a psychiatrist yesterday.
-And how did that go?
-It went Okay. She says I've got something called persistent depressive disorder.
-Geeze. What's that?
-PDD. It's depression that has lasted longer than two years.
-Oh my god, really? How long has it been?
-Not sure. Long time. Can't really remember not being depressed.
-That's so weird. Like whatta you mean? Suicidal and stuff?
-Not really suicidal, but just down all the time. And like thinking wouldn't it be a big relief if some truck just t-boned me and that was that.
-Oh man.
-I dunno. It's not all the time. It just takes a lot of hard work for me not to be miserable I guess.
-I guess I have that sometimes.
-Have what?
-Like I think I wouldn't mind it if I had to die. Oh my god, that's weird to say.
-They call it a passive death wish. Like you're not planning on killing yourself, but you wouldn't mind if someone did it for you.
-Weird. Like I don't think about it lots. But I have thought it. I don't like that.
-Totally. Like I always thought I was super weird or whatever, but then here they have some label for the crazy thoughts I've had.
-Just means other people go through it too, I guess.
-True.
-Like ya know how people are always saying we should talk about mental illness and not hide it? And it's just weird to think of you as depressed. You're always so funny or laughing or whatever. Or like it's weird thinking of anyone as depressed.
-Yeah.
-I guess that's why it's good to talk about.
-Totally.
-I guess everyone has their little issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment